From the C.C.S. Board meeting last night: you may have heard concern about the “Common Core” impact upon mathematics curriculum.
There will be some informational meetings to hear the latest plans.
According to Twana Young, from Curriculum Leadership and Development:
The Columbus City School’s Mathematics Department is holding six informational meetings for the parents/guardians of students who will be in middle school during the 2013-14 school year. Any parent/guardian who is interested in gaining more information regarding the advanced math courses and criteria for enrollment in these courses is welcome to attend. The following items will be discussed at this meeting:
- Common Core State Standards in Mathematics
- New Middle School Common Core Mathematics Courses
- Criteria for placement in advanced math courses in the middle school
- New PARCC assessments
Remaining meetings will be 6:00 p.m. at:
- April 29 – Ridgeview Middle School, 4241 Rudy Rd.,Columbus, Ohio 43214
- May 2 – Buckeye Middle School, 2950 S. Parsons Ave, Columbus, Ohio 43207
C.C.S. Math Dept.
Much information, for additional questions:
look for “Contact Us:”
Math Department Phone: (614) 365-5296
Director Mathematics and Science K-12
tyoung4762 [at] columbus [dot] k12 [dot] oh [dot] us