As you may know, Dr. Harris is retiring from C.C.S. at the end of June. As the search for her successor proceeds, it is important that we make our voices heard on the importance of continuing – and improving – services for gifted and talented students, as well as all students.
From the C.C.S. email:
Community Focus Groups for New Superintendent
The Columbus City Schools Board of Education extends an invitation to district community members, students, parents, and staff to participate in any one of five regional focus groups to identify the qualities and skills expected of the next district superintendent. The meetings are taking place as follows:
- Monday, February 4, at 7 p.m. – Binns ES, 1080 Binns Blvd.
- Tuesday, February 5, at 7 p.m. – Ohio Avenue ES, 505 S. Ohio Avenue
- Wednesday, February 6, at 7 p.m. – East Columbus ES, 3100 E. 7th Avenue
- Monday, February 11, at 7 p.m. – Colerain ES, 499 E. Weisheimer Road
- Tuesday, February 12, at 7 p.m. – Oakland Park ES, 3392 Atwood Terrace
The feedback gathered from the focus groups, as well as an on-line survey, will assist the search firm to target specific individuals to recruit, as well as to assist in communicating the community’s desires and expectations to prospective superintendent candidates seeking information on their own. Visit the Superintendent Search Website for more information and to take the on-line survey.